If you’re looking for a list of Medicare Advantage plans in Florida, keep in mind that plan availability can vary greatly by location. Here’s what else you should know while you shop around.
Before you begin your search, take the time to understand Medicare Advantage and whether or not you are eligible for this type of plan. To be eligible for a Medicare Advantage plan you must:
- Have Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B (Original Medicare)
- Live in the service area of the Medicare Advantage plan you want to join
- Not have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
If you meet the above requirements, you can reach out to a licensed insurance agent at TTY Users: 711.
Types of Florida Medicare Advantage plans
There are four main types of Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plans: With an HMO plan, you must go to a doctor or hospital that is in your provider network (except in the case of an emergency).
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plans: With a PPO Plan, you pay less if you go to doctors and hospitals in your provider network, but you have the option to go out of network and pay a higher price.
- Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) Plans: With a PFFS Plan, Medicare pays a set amount every month to your insurance company to provide you with health care coverage. The insurance company (not Medicare) decides how much you pay for services. Your provider can choose whether or not to agree to the terms and conditions of your plan.
- Special Needs Plans (SNPs): Special Needs Plans are limited to people with certain diseases or characteristics.
Enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan in Florida
A licensed agent can help you find Medicare Advantage plans in Florida and get you enrolled in the plan of your choosing. Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent today.
Or call TTY Users: 711 24/7 to speak with a licensed insurance agent.